Friends of Auburn Hills Public Library
Who are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Library are an independent group of local residents and library users who are dedicated volunteers that support the Library. The Auburn Hills Friends is a non-profit organization that provides additional financial support to the Library in excess of what is provided by the general Library budget.
Why Should I Join?
- It helps make possible the FREE programs that make AHPL such a tremendous asset to the community.
- Sets a good example for your children.
- You get early access to books sale materials.
- It's inexpensive, and it provides voting privileges on changes to the bylaws, election of officers, voting on how to spend the funds raised, and dues are tax-deductible.
- If you are new to the area and want to meet people in your community with similar interests.
- If you are interested in fundraising and sharing your ideas and opinions.
- Everyone needs a FRIEND and the FRIENDS need you. We are a small, but dedicated group who want to expand.
How Do I Join?
Simply print out the membership form, enclose your membership dues and mail in or drop off according to the instructions. The Friends meet at the Library almost every first Thursday of the month at 2:00 pm in the small meeting room on the lower level--we would love to see you there! If you can't make the meetings, you can still support the FAHPL by paying annual dues to join.
- Help at our next book sale to set up, tear down, straighten, sort, bake and cashier.
- Maintaining the used book sale room on the Library's main level.
- Fundraising ideas.
Amazon Smile (New Fundraiser)
- Before you shop, go to Smile.Amazon.com. Then sign in using your regular Amazon account. You only have to sign up once and each time you return to shop, it will automatically log you in as a supporter of us.
- Search for and choose the Friends of the Auburn Hills Public Library.
- You're good to go. Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to the Friends of the Auburn Hills Public Library.
Visit the Friends' Used Book Room in the Main Floor Alcove!
April Special: Religious/Inspirational Books: Buy one for $1.00, get a second one for $0.50.
Join the Friends now so you can come to the Friends Spring pre-sale book sale on May 10. Applications are on-line or in the alcove.
We raised $125 for the Library from our Holiday Basket Auction. Thank you everyone who participated.
Annual Meeting - Thursday, May 4 from 6:30 - 8:00pm
- Next Used Book Sale - 5/10/2017 to 5/13/2017
For Questions: E-mail: FAHPL3400@gmail.com
The Library accepts donations of juvenile and adult books & non-book materials. Your donations can be dropped off at the Library during regular hours at the checkout counter where you can ask for a receipt. Please contact the Library regarding their donation policy. Pickups for large donations can be arranged by e-mail, or calling Jackie Ingersoll at (248)879-0948.