Voters will elect a candidate to fill:
- Two (2) seats, expiring in November, 2019.
- Two (2) seats, expiring in November, 2023.
A Primary Election will be held on August 8, 2017 if there are more than twice the number of candidates filing than there are openings. For example, if 5 persons file for the seats expiring in November, 2019, there will be a primary. The four with the highest votes in August compete on November 7, 2017 at the General Election.
Petitions for Library Board must bear the signatures of "not less than forty (40) nor more than one hundred (100)" registered voters of the City. In lieu of filing petitions, Library Board candidates may file a $100 nonrefundable fee to have his/her name placed on the ballot.
Campaign packets are also available in the City Clerk's Office and include:
- Blank Nominating Petitions
- Affidavit of Identity/Receipt of Filing
- Candidate Consent Form (to be completed only if someone other than the candidate files his/her petitions)
- Political/Campaign Sign Ordinance
- Fees for voter/election data
Campaign Committee forms and booklets are available at the Oakland County Election Division, 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Dept. 413 (248-858-0564)
If you have any further questions, please contact Terri Kowal, City Clerk (248-370-9402).