Artists are cordially invited to join us for the Art in the Hills Adult Art Show, hosted by the Auburn Hills Public Library. Submissions close on July 13th, 2019. Artwork will be installed on July 20th and will be removed on August 17th.
Click here to print a submission form for in-person entry. Or, if you would like to submit your entry electronically, please read the following submission guidelines, fill out the submission materials, and attach a photo of your entry. Note that online submitters will be required to sign an Artist’s Release in person before or during the installation of their art.
- Artists must be 18 or older to participate. Artists are allowed ONE entry.
- A completed submission form is required.
- 2D and 3D art, including paintings, drawings, digital artwork, photography, sculptures, ceramics, textiles, mixed media, etc., are all eligible for entry.
- Content must be appropriate for all ages. Any entry deemed inappropriate by the Library will not appear in the show.
- Display space will be awarded on a first-come basis so long as submissions fit in the Library’s available space. The Library will determine where artwork will be placed in the building.
- Artists with 2D media should present their art ready-to-hang or work with the Library to make other accommodations.
- A copy of the original artwork may be submitted in place of the original piece.
- The art submitted must not violate the rights of privacy and/or constitute a libel or slander against anyone, and work submitted must be by the submitter.
- Images of the entries must be turned in with a completed entry form by July 13th, 2019 for consideration.
- Because the Library is a public space, works on display may be photographed or filmed by visitors.
- The title and copyright of exhibited materials will remain with the artist.
- In order to be eligible to win a prize, artists MUST attend the Art Show Reception on August 17th, 2019 and be present to collect their prize.
- Art pieces can be picked up any time after the reception, preferably by appointment. Please call 248.364.6706 and ask for Victoria to make arrangements. Art not reclaimed by August 24th, 2019 will be used or disposed of at the Library’s discretion.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.